Frighteningly Fun Halloween Math Problems
- Share these frighteningly fun Halloween math problems with your class.
- Stumpy the skeleton goes for a bike ride every night in the cemetery. He rides 1/2 way around the cemetery and stops. Stumpy then bikes 3/4 of the way around before stopping again. He finishes his ride by biking another 3/8. How far around the cemetery does Stumpy bike?
- An adult skeleton has 206 bones. There are 27 bones in a hand and 26 bones in a foot. How many bones are not in the hands or feet?
- After scooping out and carving the Jack O Lantern, the class counted 162 pumpkin seeds. Their teacher roasted the pumpkin seeds for a tasty treat. She wanted to divide the seeds up evenly among all her students. There were 18 students in the class. How many pumpkin seeds did each student get?
- Anoka, MN is the Halloween Capital of the World. They created the first Halloween parade in 1920. How many years will it be before they can celebrate their 100th anniversary? How many months? Think that’s scary, now try to figure out how many days?
- Count Juan Toothree is giving a party at his haunted castle. Throughout the evening guests come and go. 10 guests go in. 2 come out. 12 more go in. 3 come out. 6 go in. 8 come out. 10 more go in. 1 comes out. And just before midnight 2 go in and 8 come out. How many guests are at the party at midnight?
This entry was posted in student motivation
and tagged Halloween math
. Bookmark the permalink